Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Breedable Horses



I read a blog of Eddie Haskell’s yesterday about the breedable horses.. I can’t remember if I said I would write about them but if I didn’t say I am writing about them J

So not many people know that there are breedable animals out there, but I’m not talking about all of them since there are so many, including breedable horses! And that is what I am going to write about. Now I may get a few of the names wrong but that’s because I’m not on SL to double check so please don’t judge ^_^

So you can purchase breedable horses from stables, or try your luck in an auction. My partner Justyn and I started out at stables, you can buy un-birthed horses (bundles) baby horses or adult horses. The prices vary and this is for a lot of different reasons. Their coat colour like painted.. I’m not sure on the names, then there is the eye colour and type, eye colours range from all different colours. Tail & main, upright tails and mains sell for a bit so do long tail & mains. Lineage, the horses parents play a big part, the rarer the parents the more chance you have of getting a rare horse, and the breed of horse, mustang etc.

Male horses sell more than females because the males don’t have a ‘cool down’ after they hit 100% ferver they do their business and then they can re-gain ferver. Females are much different, they reach 100% ferver then they get pregnant, 3 days later they give birth and enter a birth recovery stage, 3 days after that their ferver begins to regain.

Any horse you breed has the chance of having a rare offspring, the rarer your horse the more chance of a rare off spring, if you breed siblings you have a high chance of getting an albino which sell for a lot of lindens!

The price doesn’t just depend on the type of horse, but also on what people are looking for. For example if I were to go buy a horse right now, I would be looking for a long main and long tail horse, it wouldn’t need any other traits besides long main long tail. Only because I am trying to breed a long main long tailed black mustang horse with ruby eyes.

So the price varies with people. Some people only look at the parents of horses. Some only go for the coat or breed, others (like my partner) will buy any horse they think looks pretty in hopes it will bare a rare child.

There are special horses that become for sale, cancer horses, Christmas horses, polkadot horses etc. If you breed these horses you have a higher chance of getting a rare, but they will not pass down their breed. E.G if I breed a cancer horse with a Christmas horse I would not get a Christmas cancer horse.

Like all breedable animals you need to buy them food, there are two types of food you can buy, breedable food and pet food, the pet food is for retired horses, breedable food is for horses you want to breed. If you feed a young horse pet food it will take 7 days before they can breed.

Horses do get old, but they do not die, instead they retire, After 3 months (I think maybe more) a horse will stop gaining ferver and will gain the status retired, from this point the horse is baisically useless, eating all your food and not bearing any children.

That’s about all I can think about when it comes to the horses, as I said at the beginning im not to sure about breeds and coats and what not because I haven’t been on SL and I think there are new breeds out.

My partner is obsessed with these horses, he almost has 100, sadly his obsession wore off on me but not to such an extent, I only have maybe 10, but as I said I am on a mission to get a long main long tail black mustang with ruby eyes x2 both siblings so I can breed an albino! My quest is half complete I have two black mustangs, one male one female and two ruby eyed horses one male one female, my partner has a long main male and a long tailed female so hopefully they give birth to a cute horse that I will horse nap the baby and lock it up to make sweet sweet love with my horse till it gives me what I want ^_^

I am in no way cruel to horses, I am just on a mission

No comments:

Post a Comment