Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Internet Issues

So in my recent posts you will notice [Pic will be added when net speeds up] or something along those lines. I am going to explain what this means. I have already explained to most in world my issues with the net but this if for those who don’t speak to me in world, and for those who haven’t found out the good news…which is everyone cause I only just found out.

So my partner Justyn and I moved from a big city to a small country town just before Christmas, we told everyone we would be offline for a few weeks so we made our arrangements with our horses and our store’s and what not and set off on our move. We had to set the internet up before we could jump on obviously and Telstra is the only internet provider were we are staying.

After about 3 weeks of no second life we were getting a little crazy. Finally we set up our net! We were told 200 gig a month which is great! That is more than we had a in the city, we just had to wait for a call back to confirm.. instead we wait 2 weeks and decide to call them back only to hear they can only offer us 12 gigs!
Now last time we were living rural (in Uluru) we had this internet, but we only had 10gigs and it was okay for jumping on SL now and then, but since then we made a life on SL and we thought 12 gigs would be okay. We went down the street and brought ourselves the USB internet things so we had some net till we got our actual net.. 

The next day it came which was a shock! It was great we set it up and all was great! 6 days later the net slowed.. from 12 gigs to 314kb! That’s like slower than dial up!! And we both knew it wouldn’t speed up till the 27th of January! I know I can survive off SL for that long, if I have other games and I can create my skins, clothes and pictures so I let Justyn play because I feel bad if he is bored..
Every now and then we switch but he still gets mad when we are slowed down because of how sh*t our net is, it takes ages for our land to rez and once it dose he crashes! So he had enough, as pissed as he was he got on the net to find a solution!
LOW AND BEHOLD! A solution was found! Turns out Telstra will talk to you online in some instant message thing, so Justyn did that while I slept, I woke up to hear the same thing we heard before we MAY be eligible for 200gigs BUT this time instead of we will call you back the guy said, if we DON’T call you back then you have the net!! This was about 2 weeks ago!!

No call back… so yesterday Justyn rings Telstra and BA BAM! In 5 working days which is next Thursday we will not only have 200 gigs of sexy and fast internet! But also a home phone (we stay disconnected from non interneters) and a TV BOX! (we never watch tv) also even better, when we do use our 200 gigs of internet we slow down to the same speed we are on when our 12gig net is fast!!! 

I’m just glad I will be able to be back online with Justyn and Morning so we can hunt and partay it up like never before! And I can upload all my creations! *drools* OH SL HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment